How to Prepare for Non-Surgical Fat Reduction
There are many things that you should know before undergoing any fat reduction treatment as it will help you to stay aware about the procedures and their effects. Once you have made a decision about any surgical treatment, you must first visit your physician and ask a few questions to boost your knowledge about the treatment. It will help you make a safe decision so it becomes important to take active participation in your treatment procedure.
Here are a few important questions you need to ask your surgeon prior to your treatment:
1. Confirm that whether you are a good or acceptable candidate for the non-surgical procedure of fat reduction.
2. Are the ultimate results realistic and reasonable?
3. Ask for any before and after photos of other patients and ensure that they are real.
4. Investigate the aftercare procedures.
5. Conform the overall cost of your treatment and also compare it with other clinics.
6. Ask about possible scars after treatment.
7. What kind of procedures the patient needs to follow in order to get the best results before and after.
8. What will be the duration for complete recovery and is it possible to return to your daily routine in that period?
9. Ask for a list of major possible complications.
10. Collect information about possible alternatives if this treatment does not provide the desired results in the end.
Once you have obtained answers for the above questions, it is time to start preparing for your treatment. The pre-procedure instructions will be generally provided by respective physicians and it is very important to follow them all.
Before the treatment, surgeons generally provide these instructions:
* Stop smoking so that better healing can be promoted after the treatment and complications can be avoided.
* It is important to stop consuming aspirin and other anti-inflammatory type drugs. Some herbal medicines are also avoided as they may cause excessive bleeding at the time of the surgery.
* For all types of treatments, hydration is highly important to ensure safe recovery.
Limitations and Risks:
Although there are no serious problems associated with non-surgical fat reduction technologies, it is still important to collect information about possible issues so that patients can take the right steps to stay safe. All procedures possess some degree of risk and the list of potential issues includes:
* Bleeding and infections if not cared well.
* Scarring in some cases.
* Allergic reactions in some skin types.
* A little damage can be caused to underlying structures.
* Temporary redness, tenderness, tingling and bruising sensations are common.
* Temporary cramping or dulling of sensation.
* It is very rare to observe small burns and the possibility is higher with ultra sound type procedures.
It is preferable to contact well-trained professionals for your treatment as they know the right tools and procedures to complete treatment with care. Non invasive fat reduction procedures are becoming more and more popular these days due to their quality results and reliable procedures.